Are you planning on a January getaway? Are you a fan of winter sports and wintry weather, or do you prefer the beaches and warm weather? Journeying to indulge in an exquisite experience is an excellent prospect for January. Here is a handpicked list for you of the best places to visit in January to enjoy your vacation.
Warm Places to Visit in January
January is a great month to travel. Are you ready to get your January off to a great start? Then let’s Just Pack And Go across the globe for these sun-drenched spots:
- Galapagos Island – for adventure seekers and wildlife enthusiasts
- Sri Lanka – unspoiled wilderness, flavorful cuisine, and a colorful history
- Hanoi, Vietnam – the Ha Long Bay, rich culture, and ancient architecture
- Dubai – jaw-dropping landmarks (Burj Khalifa), award-winning restaurants, luxurious resorts
- Cartagena, Colombia- gentle breeze around the picturesque port, Spanish colonial buildings
- Palm Springs, California – iconic architecture, salacious tales from Tinseltown’s golden age, the Hip Sonoran Desert Oasis
- Grenada – boasts flawless weather, thickly forested hillsides, pink blooms, wild beauty, cascading waterfalls, and hot springs
- Big Island, Hawaii – diverse landscape with waterfalls, hiking trails, colorful, jaw-dropping shores, i.e., Papakolea Beach and Punalu’u Beach
- Lima, Peru – world-class museums, UNESCO sites, top-notch culinary scene, and vibrant nightlife
- Stellenbosch, South Africa – sprawling vineyards, tasting rooms and photogenic estates
- Jamaica – lush rainforests, volcanic cliffs, the Blue Mountain, banana groves and gorgeous beaches
Cheap Places to Visit in January
Most tour operators package their itinerary to be off-budget, saving to deal with seasonality. Various destinations that are cheap during January include:
- San Diego, California – for beach lovers, city art galleries, Balboa Park, coastal neighborhoods like La Jolla and Coronado
- Dublin, Ireland – Popular attractions like St Patrick Cathedral, shopping at Moore Street Market, National Gallery of Ireland, and Chester Beatty Library
- Cancun, Mexico – White sands beaches, visit Mayan UNESCO Heritage Site and Playa Tortugas beaches
- Barcelona, Spain – One will enjoy city sceneries, attractions like Sagrada Familia, Park Guell, and restaurants in Barcelona.
- Panama – beach gateways, the eco-friendly village of Bosquet
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic – palm-lined beach, historical downtown, Mount Isabel de Torres
- Montego Bay, Jamaica – Dunn’s River Falls or rafting on the Martha Brae River
Best Places to Visit in January in the U.S.
January in the U.S happens to be the winter wonderland! Here is a list of the best places to visit in January in the United States:
- New York City, New York – Central Park, and Rockefeller Center
- New Orleans, Louisiana – Annual Mardi Gras celebrations, the jazz, West African dish called Gumbo
- Los Angeles, California – Hollywood lifestyle
- Las Vegas, Nevada – Red Rock Canyon
- Austin, Texas – local food and produce, Texan BBQ
- San Francisco, California – Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz Prison
- Chicago Illinois – winter wonder fest, art and theatre culture, musical concerts
- Miami, Florida – Wynwood, culinary scene, fantastic beaches, friendly locals, the Art Deco architecture, and Miami Design District
- Santa Monica, California – famous Santa Monica Beach, walkable and bike-friendly locations
- Boston, Massachusetts – U.S. sporting environment, Boston Wine Festival
Best Places to Travel in January Outside the Country
Choosing the best vacation spot outside the country can present a significant challenge in a world full of fascinating destinations. Compiled below is a list of the best places to travel in January outside the country:
- South Island, New Zealand – dramatic mountains, fjords, glaciers, UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Bora Bora – picturesque beaches, luxurious resorts, lush jungles
- Tahiti, French Polynesia – black sand beaches, posh resorts with overwater bungalows, prime surfing, and snorkeling conditions.
- Paris, France – Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and the Louvre, quaint café, Palace of Versailles
- Bali – for honeymooners, Tana lot, Mount Batur, the Uluwatu Temple and rice terraces.
- Rome, Italy – the colosseum, the pantheon, the Trevi Fountain, cobblestone streets of Trastevere
- London – Tower of London, the eclectic neighborhoods, Buckingham Palace, and the Tate Modern
- Dubai – Burj Khalifa, shopping malls, indoor ski slopes, and classic souks
- Kenya – for enthusiasts in wildlife
- India – for the exciting festivals
- The Maldives – for the sparkling and sizzling beaches
- Phuket – for Kata Noi Beach, Patong Beach, Old Phuket Town, Koh Panyee, Soi Bangla Road, and Phi Phi Islands
While you are planning a vacation in January, consider safer places and experience favorable weather conditions. Those are some of the best places to visit during your vacation. If you want to reserve a fun and unique activity while in your destination, plan ahead and select from a variety of tours available. Enjoy your vacay!
If you’d love to use a travel professional for your expedition, please contact Just Pack And Go. Our travel consultants offer more than just traveling!