As a travel professional, I am partial to cruising. It’s my favorite way to vacation. Yes, Just Pack And Go is a full service travel agency, offering resort vacations and cruises but, hands down, cruises are at the top of my list.
A cruise offers you the chance to experience the world. Whether you are looking to soak up sun and fun in the Caribbean or soaking up the culture and cuisine of Europe or Down Under, cruising is the way to go.
When compared to a land vacation, cruising offers many benefits:
- Your accommodations. There are a variety of staterooms, location, location, location. overlook a park or a promenade, reside in a private villa, a two-story luxury suite, or an interior stateroom with a virtual window. Of course, several of your choices includes a view of the ocean. Selections are seemingly endless.
- Yours destinations. Spending a week aboard a cruise ship will afford you a chance to experience as many as four or five destinations, depending on your itinerary, vs a resort vacation that only offers one destination.
- Your experience. It’s your vacation so do as much or as little as you wish. Water parks. Surf simulator. Zip-lining. Rock climbing wall. Ice skating. Golfing. Basketball. Broadway style shows. Karaoke. A variety of dance venues. Cooking classes. And that’s just a sample of what’s available … all before you step off your ship. There’s a ship that will fit your interests.
- Your Meals. All meals are included, casual dining at an international buffet as well as restaurants with wait staff to cater to you.
If you’ve never been on a cruise before, here are a few must-haves to make your trip more enjoyable:
- Skin Protection. First, you will want to have plenty of protection from the sun. Sunblock is at the top of my list. You don’t want to get burned because that will ruin your whole vacation. For the ladies, I would recommend big floppy hats. Not only are they stylish but they’re practical.
- Comfortable Footwear. If you plan on going on excursions, there may be activities that require closed shoes. For example, ATV driving, horseback riding, hiking, and more. Water shoes can cover most activities because they are enclosed and have a rubber sole.
- Extra Bag. You will find that when you go on these excursions, you will want to purchase gifts for yourself or family and friends. There are a ton of items to choose from. It is always a good idea to pack an extra empty bag for gifts and souvenirs.
- Comfy clothing. Many cruises offer their guests an opportunity to showcase their best cocktail wear. However, for the daytime, on and off the ship, you will want to wear very comfortable clothing. For the ladies, sundresses are always a great choice but don’t leave out your capri pants and shorts.
Gone are the days where cruising has the stigma of just being for the old or the rich. Without further delay, make it your goal to go cruising for your next family vacation. You won’t regret it!